- Write your own mini-biography to send or hand to whoever is introducing you
- Know who you're talking to
- A handout of some sort (business only)
- Prepare. The better prepared you are, the more you'll be able to make your talk sound less formal and friendly
- Give your audience the big picture in your introduction
- Aim for a balance of emotional and rational
- Humor is almost always welcome (not rude or too personal)
- Practice modulating your voice (up and down, no squeaks)
- Practice in front of friends (honest feedback please)
- Make eye contact with your audience
- Speech Making Explained: - do you want people ....
- Speeches - intemperance in talk make ....
INTEMPERANCE IN TALK MAKES A DREADFUL HAVOC IN THE HEART.-...
Intemperance in talk makes a dreadful havoc in the heart.- Wilson. The true use of speech is not so much to express our wants as to conceal them.-Goldsmith.