- Write your own mini-biography to send or hand to whoever is introducing you
- Know who you're talking to
- A handout of some sort (business only)
- Prepare. The better prepared you are, the more you'll be able to make your talk sound less formal and friendly
- Give your audience the big picture in your introduction
- Aim for a balance of emotional and rational
- Humor is almost always welcome (not rude or too personal)
- Practice modulating your voice (up and down, no squeaks)
- Practice in front of friends (honest feedback please)
- Make eye contact with your audience
- Speech Making Explained: - as they reached th ....
- Speeches - how did this hap ....
FEELING UPSET, HARRY SAT BACK IN HIS SEAT AND MADE...
Feeling upset, Harry sat back in his seat and made no further effort to pursue the conversation.
Finally, the attractive lady reached her destination and as she got to her feet, she looked icily at Harry once more.
Then recognition dawned.
'Oh,' she gasped, 'I am so sorry. It is Harry, isn't it. I am afraid I just didn't recognise you with your clothes on.' STRICTLY STAG. 4 The two friends were having a round of golf. It was a peculiarity of this pair that one was very long-sighted, while the other was short-sighted in the extreme.